Wovex Maps can be thought of as a SuccessMap, a Benefits Map, an Outcome map or a Value map they can be used in a variety of ways. We have found that there are so many different names for benefit maps, and Wovex supports them all.
A Map to get to your destination: Success, Benefits and Value Achieved.
- Whatever you call it, a good Map shows what you need to do and what is defined as success.
- For any project, programme, or portfolio you need to communicate with people what success looks like for the programme and what must be delivered on that success.
- Without a map, it is very hard to build consensus on the flow of value and the cause and effect with confidence.
One model can have many Benefits maps.
- A Benefits Map in Wovex is one perspective on the data in your Model.
- You can have multiple views associated with a Model. Views are used to create quick communication, conversations and discussing to improve them and plan for them.
- A Model is the collection of information and all the relationships. A Map is looking at some of that in a visual way. You can have many Maps for a Model and for example,
- A Map might have everything in from the Model and this would be really complex.
- Or you can have a Map which just shows the things of interest to a certain stakeholder, for example, these are the things which are of interest to your success and what you need or depend on to get that delivered.
Also see What is a Model?